1.19.2009

Pictures from Sean!




We just got a few pictures from Sean today. He looks great, but not like a boy anymore. I think he's all grown up (sniff). He told of an experience they just had:
"Well these past two weeks have really been two of the most memorable. Saturday night, the 27th, we went to a FHE with the 1st councelor in the Branch Presidency, Pres. N'Dlelo. We'd been sick the last time so we had to reschedule it. This time it worked and we shared about faith. It was a great lesson and the spirit was there. As we finished the closing hymn, Pres. NDlelo's mother came in. She was panicking and asking for them to come and help his sister (pres and his wife live with his mom and dad). They ran out of the room and then his sister-in-law came running into the room. She was crying hysterically and telling us to do something. This all happened within about 30 seconds. We got up and ran into the bedroom where his sister was sitting in a chair, unresponsive. There wasn't much we could do so we called the ambulance. I anointed and pres. NDlelo gave her a blessing. Even before the blessing I could feel that she was gone. We stayed with the family for another hour or so, then we had to go home. The ambulance was going to take two hours to get there. It's not too efficient. She was a mother of one little boy. Yesterday was the funeral. On Tuesday we helped dig the grave. They have to do it by hand here. It was a very good funeral though, and a lot of people came. We've really tried to build a good relationship with the branch through this. And I feel we have. I've had my testimony strengthened in the Plan of Salvation, though. What a blessing it is in our lives to know that we will all be brought back to see our Savior and be ressurected. I truly know that. As I said, we taught the FHE on Faith. I think I was prompted by the spirit to share about that. Also the first time we got very sick and weren't able to go. Well, I think we were meant to be there on that night. I don't know if we did much good, other than to just be there, but I felt like we needed to be there. It was an experience I'll never forget."

Wow! Lots of growth on missions, and it comes in all different types of experiences. These pictures are of Christmas morning, cooking breakfast "American style", with Elder Munyon. The other picture is of Sean and his first greenie companion, that he just loved, Elder Msimango. They were just transfered apart. Sean is doing so well. We miss him tons, but wouldn't have him anywhere else.

No comments: