6.14.2009

Track Stud


Thanks to Aunt Mary for posting Kevin's race. I just wanted to brag about him a little more because I am so proud of my awesome husband! He has come back from the most awful cross country season. Its pretty typical around here that once you get married, your track career is about over, but he is one of the view that pulled through that slump (whether it be from getting married or not...:) and he is amazing and getting even more amazing as time passes. The race below is the best mile time he ran all year, a 4: 07 mile. It actually is a 1500 M, but the conversion is 4:07 mile. He ran it at the SUU Invitational. SUU hosted the Conference Championships this year as well, which only happens every 11 years I think. Among other events, he ran the steeple chase that weekend, and qualified for track regionals by taking first place. It was an amazing race, this is a picture from it. A steeple chase is a 3000M race with 4 barriers and one barrier/water pit. The barriers are as high as hurdles, but longer and hurt a lot more if you hit them (you can see the water pit and barrier in the picture). Kevin has such long legs he flies over them like nothin. I was able to go to regionals, held at Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon, for all you track buffs...home of the famous Steve Prefontaine. It was so neat! Kevin ran another all-time PR of 9:07. I wish you all could come watch him run some time, it is breathtaking, and humbling haha. Congratulations Hannah and Collin! sorry I haven't called you yet Han! But you've gotta be busy I'm sure. But I read up about Jorgan on your blog, she's such a cute little bug! :)

Mucho love to the whole fam -

1 comment:

Collin and Hannah said...

Yeah Kevin! I don't know how anyone can run that fast for so long... Anything after 100m and I am toast. :) Call anytime Heather. I'm never to busy to talk... Collin says its one of my best tricks.