6.28.2009

Back from the Trek...

Hey guys! It's Whitney. I have posted anything in a long time so I thought maybe you guys might be getting bored without all my useless posts so here's another one! This is a really long one so I suggest you just skim if you don't have a lot of time!
I just got back from our stake's trek and it was so amazing! I loved my family the moment i met them and we had so much fun pulling our handcarts together! I had four sisters and three brothers. One of my sisters was actually my cousin and my other older sister was so sweet she never fought with us! Instead whenever me and my older brother DeWitt started fighting she would just tell us we were goofy and make us laugh again! We were the only family that didn't have a Ma because our Pa's wife ad some sort of medical condition and she couldn't come. It was kind of hard not having her but I hope I will get to meet her soon.

Here is a picture of what our handcarts looked like:



I belonged to the 'Clont's Company' and before we started on the first day the girls in our company challenged the boys to a game of Doctor. It was so much fun, we won all three times!


You can see my brothers in this one. DeWitt is the person all the way to the left in the tan shirt and right behind him with the hat is Westin.



Once our cart was all the way at the back of the line and we heard people in front of us saying that we had to cross 'a river' ahead and the boys had to carry us. We were all worried but when we got to the front we realized the river was a little stream that was about an inch deep. I didn't get any pictures but Katie got some of her family.



When we got to 'Fort Bridger' there was a trading post where we could trade some of the things we had for spices for our dinner, animal skins, walking sticks and other stuff. The old man who was there was so funny when he tried barter with us it was hard not to laugh!




That was the funnest day of the trek! Some boys started a game of stick pole and soon it drew a large crowd!





After a while they let the girls play too. Here are two of our stake leaders. When they started they were holding on really tight and neither of them moved. Finally they both started shaking and just fell over sideways. It was hilarious!




This is my Aunt Emily and her daughter Jessica who was in the same family as me. It was fun to watch mother's and daughters play together.





On the last day a man came to ask for men to come to the Mormon battalion. WE took a vote and all the boys went forward and were sworn into the army.





After they all left the girls knell down right where we were and said a prayer. After we were done we sang the As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman song. As soon as we finished the boys started marching back the other way so we started singing again. We were right by the road on our knees looking up and singing to them it was an amazing experience.



I'd encourage all of my cousins to go when they can because it was so much fun and I learned a lot of new things. this post is all ready really long I just cant go on about the incredible things we did. Thanks for reading! - Whitney

No comments: